No one wants bed bugs in their home. Unfortunately, bed bugs are making a resurgence in the U.S. Even though they are most prevalent on the east coast, bed bugs may invade your home if you live in Detroit and Ann Arbor, MI.
Having bed bugs does not mean that your home is dirty. Instead, you just had the bad luck of them finding a way into your home. If you think you may have bed bugs in your Detroit Metro and Ann Arbor area home, read this article. And then call ProAction Pest Control LLC.
Signs of bed bugs
Now, you may be wondering how to know whether you have a bed bug problem. These annoying pests typically stay in your bedroom, which makes their signs easier to spot. There are fewer places for them to hide.
Below we’ve listed some of the most common signs of bed bugs.
- If you see a bed bug, then you definitely have a bed bug problem. Bed bugs are hard to spot because they are so small and good at hiding. So, if you see a small, brown spot moving around your bed, you know there are other bed bugs hiding out nearby.
- You may also see bed bug droppings or dried blood on your sheets. Bed bug droppings will look like small brown spots on your bedclothes. Dried blood is copper-colored. It will only be a small spot, not a larger area that looks as if you cut yourself.
- Most importantly, if you find small, red, itchy spots on the exposed areas of your body, you likely have a bed bug problem. Bed bugs eat the blood of mammals, like mosquitoes. But unlike mosquitoes they only bite the exposed areas of your body, they do not concentrate on your neck and feet.
What to do if you spot a bed bug
If you see any of the bed bug signs listed above, then you likely have a bed bug problem and you will need to act immediately. Bed bugs can be hard to completely kill. Therefore, it is essential that you don’t panic and that you follow the steps below to completely remove the bed bugs from your Detroit Metro and Ann Arbor area home.
- Wash everything that is washable and removable in your bedroom. This will include clothes, bedclothes, linens, upholstery, etc. You want to wash the items on hot and definitely dry them on the hottest setting available. This will kill the bed bug eggs, which ensures they cannot reappear in your home.
- Anything that couldn’t be washed should be vacuumed thoroughly. Again, this ensures that all eggs and bed bugs themselves are removed from the room.
- Contact ProAction Pest Control LLC. For the Detroit Metro area and Ann Arbor, there is no better company to trust with your bed bug removal. We are pest control experts with decades of combined experience. Plus, we guarantee same day service if you call before 2 p.m. If you want to ensure that your bed bug problem disappears for good, then you need to contact ProAction Pest Control LLC today.